Stay up to date with our latest media releases
An archive of news stories about insurance fraud.
Find all our IFB publications, including our insurance fraud whitepaper.
A curated list of research on fraud and insurance fraud, published by academics around the world.
IFB-assembled guides to help you understand insurance fraud better.
Media stories about real cases of insurance fraud.
- AA Insurance reveals worrying trend on home burglaries
- Attempts at insurance 'fraud' can never be lived down
- Auckland, Christchurch and Hamilton the country's burglary hotspots
- Britain’s biggest EVER ‘crash for cash’ scam uncovered as 150 fraudsters scammed £2m in bogus claims
- Car Stolen Every 21 Minutes Last Year
- COVID-19 Insurance Fraud: 5 Things You Need to Know
- Fake insurance claim exposed by fraudster’s own blunders
- Former police officer spared conviction for insurance fraud – report
- How big a problem is insurance fraud?
- Insurer offers $28k settlement over pricey jewellery claim with no proof of ownership
- Is travel insurance an easy target?
- Jail for fraudster who targeted Chubb
- Lying landlady caught torching her own pub on CCTV after initially claiming dog saved her
- NZ Court of Appeal upholds insurers' right to cancel the policies of fraudulent claimants
- One insurance fraud committed every minute
- Pair arrested over Sydney insurance scam
- Revealed: worst time for burglaries, insurance losses
- Soft Fraud and Possibilities for Prevention
- Trio jailed over insurance scam
- US Man Faces 20 years for Insurance fraud after crashing Bugatti Veyron
- "Arrogant" Driver Lies to Insurer After Crash
- "Bonfire Bec" jailed over insurance fraud
- Elderly couple arrested over $280K CTP Scam
- 50 Year Old Levin Woman to pay hefty bill for insurance fraud